Wednesday, December 18, 2013

No English Please

I think I've mentioned a few times how horrendous most people's English is here. It's no lie. At this point in my year, my Italian is better than a lot of my friends' English. Most of the people I talk to try to speak to me in English and I oftentimes don't understand what they are trying to say. So I ask them to repeat, but in Italian. They then say the same thing in Italian and I understand them better. It's kind of backwards, realizing that I'm understanding Italian better than English, but it's a great feeling to realize how much progress I have made in only a little over three months. Speaking is still very difficult for me because of how many different conjugations and verb tenses there are. It's pretty easy to understand somebody, but when it comes time to reply I can't remember all the words nor can I think fast enough. However, I'm very happy with how far I've come and as of right now, I'm really looking forward to these next seven months and everything they have to offer.
-Alison :)

No comments:

Post a Comment